Preparation time: 35 – 40 mins
Serving: 4 people
Chicken Breast Pieces: 2
Butter milk: 250ml approx.
Whipped Curd: 3 – 4 tablespoons
Salt: as required
Black pepper: 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice: ½ tablespoons
Soy sauce: ½ tablespoon
Chilli sauce: ½ tablespoon
Spicy Tomato sauce: ¾ tablespoons (add more if you want it spicy)
Chillies: 3 – 4 (cut into thin slices)
Garlic cloves: 5 (chopped)
Ginger size of half lemon (chopped)
All-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
Corn flour: 1 ½ tablespoons
Rice flour: 1 tablespoons
Ginger garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoons
Turmeric powder: ½ tablespoons
Coriander powder: ½ tablespoons
Cumin powder: ½ tablespoons
Egg (whole): 1
Curry leaves: 8-10
Mint leaves and Coriander leaves – handful
Oil for frying
- Marinating: cut the chicken breasts into long thin strips. Add the butter milk and salt as required to chicken strips and marinate it for 2 hours. This brings nice juicy flavour to the chicken and makes it tender.
- After 2 hours, squeeze the chicken slices and transfer it to another bowl. Add 1 egg, all purpose flour, corn flour and rice flour, salt and ginger garlic paste. Mix well. Marinate for another hour and store in refrigerator.
- Now, deep fry the marinated chicken strips until they turn golden brown and keep it aside. (do not over fry them, they will lose the flavour)
- Take a big pan, add oil. Add chopped garlic and ginger, curry leaves, green chilli and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add the curd, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, and mint leaves.
- Now add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, spicy tomato sauce, lemon juice. Add fried chicken as well.
- Mix well, coat the chicken to the gravy.
- Cover and let it cook for 3-5 mins.
- Take it out and serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.