Pancakes that are easy to prepare and solution to WHAT TO COOK WHEN YOU ARE TIRED?
No cooking day story & recipe by Ms. Veena Vasani
Sunday for me has always been a No cooking day and I was in no mood of cooking but all of us had to eat. Being a curfew today in Dakshin Kannada ordering food was not possible too. I had to feed 6 people; I made these pancakes which took only 20 mins to prepare. After which I could join my family to watch movies on TV. At dinner time, I took 2 non-stick pans so that I can quickly make them.
Pancakes which are protein rich and are bursting with onions, tomatoes, chilies, and roasted corn.
- ¾ cup Besan
- ¼ cup corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- ¼ cup Roasted Corn
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- ¾ spoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ¼ teaspoon Haldi
- 1 ½ cups Water
- Mix all the ingredients in a vessel together to make a batter
- Keep aside for 30 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan, put 1 tablespoon of oil, then wipe it with onion cut into half.
- Keeping the gas on low flame. Pour some batter on it and spread the batter with a spoon to make small pancakes.
Batter prepared by mixing above ingredients
The same batter in the frying pan
- After 2 mins, pour 2 teaspoons of oil on it.
- After underside is cooked turn carefully.
- Remove from tawa after the other side also gets cooked and turns brown.
- Serve Hot pancakes with Tomato ketchup.
- You can also relish the pancakes with mayonnaise, green chutney or/and schezwan sauce.
Generally, pancakes are sweet-filled up with many calories, they are secret enemies of our health. We can have it occasionally but not daily. To take care of your well being and diet, these veggie pancakes could be a perfect choice.
We can have it anytime and anywhere whether brunch or as an evening snack or we can carry it in our tiffins. There are endless possibilities to experiment with these pancakes. Parents can find an excuse to feed this to their children as it will provide great nourishment as it takes little time and effort to prepare.