Whether its a birthday or any celebration in which you want to quickly bake a cake at home then we have a perfect recipe and you don’t need to use a microwave oven for this.
Also, Vanilla cake is the world’s most preferred option as many people find it delicious, soft, and fluffy which can easily be a part of your everyday evening snacks or it can even make your mornings beautiful.
Ingredients for Vanilla Sponge Cake
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Maida / all-purpose flour 1 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Melted butter ½ cup
Vanilla essence ½ tsp
(filter/sieve all the dry ingredients before adding them to the batter)
- Take a big bowl and add 4 eggs to it. Stir well. Make sure to beat well to avoid the raw smell of eggs.
- Add powdered sugar to it. Mix well.
- Then add maida, baking powder, and salt to the batter. Mix them all together. Make sure it has no lumps.
- Add melted butter. Mix the batter well and see it has no lumps. The batter should be very smooth.
- Now add vanilla essence to the batter and mix.
- Take a baking pan and apply butter to it. Grease it well. Take maida and coat the greased pan to all the sides so that cake does not stick to the pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan. Tap gently to remove the air bubbles.
- Preheat the kadhai for 5 mins on medium flame. Add oil or salt to prevent the cake from burning. Place a small stand.
- After 5 mins of preheating, place the cake pan in the kadhai carefully. Close with lid. Bake it for 45 – 50 mins on low flame.
- Take a toothpick and insert it in the cake, if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready. If not, bake for few more minutes.
- Take out the cake pan carefully, let it cool down. Transfer the cake into a plate.
- Vanilla sponge cake is ready.
- Optional: To decorate the cake, take a small bowl, add grated coconut and powdered sugar, and mix them well.
- Once they are combined well, sprinkle the mixture on the cake. This gives the cake a different flavor and adds a little coconut touch to a simple cake.
The sponge cake is the best alternative to cookies/biscuits while relishing evening snacks with hot tea or coffee.
Please let us know your feedback in the comments section below. Stay tuned for more such awesome and easy to make recipes.